View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 10:54 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That is debatable. If JVR's potential was higher, it wasn't by much. Ypou also have to factor in that it appeared that JvR was expendable at the time, and that our defensive future was in shambles. Even assuming JvR was better and had more potential (which again I think is debatable), it is still a trade I think that needs to get done. Was it an immediate homenrun? No. But at the time it was the right move and still has plenty of time to turn into a homerun.

Yeah, he still hasn't proven anything to me yet. Everyone acts like he had a great year last year, when in reality he put up similar numbers to brayden Schenn, but no one seems to care about that.
I agree with the above sentiments. Everyone is continually tantalized by JVR's immense talents (and I won't deny that because there's some serious skill there), but the man still can't put it all together. At some time, you cut bait. I'll say this right now - I guarantee JVR starts his usual disappearing act shortly. It happens like clock work.

As for Luke Schenn, he played fantastic for the Flyers last season and I'm still baffled as to why his ice time has been all over the place this season. Coburn, who gets a continual pass by the Flyers, has been horrendous for the better part of a season and change now, yet he still gets 20 minutes a night. I just don't understand this club sometimes.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote