View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 11:31 AM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Aren't they doing that now? So you want Holmgren fired and Hextall to do exactly what is happening right now?
Do you or anyone else have any clue what the Flyers' long term plan is besides "win now"? And where has that got them? At least Hextall came from an organization that seemed to have a plan starting 5-6 years ago when the Kings were frankly abysmal, a plan that has brought them a Stanley Cup and a team that will be a contender for years. Holmgren tossed any semblance of a plan he may have had satrting in 2011 and the Flyers have stumbled around ever since. Hextall needs to look at the core of the team and who to keep, where they're weak, what's in the farm, what kind of team they need to be successful in the conference they're in and where he might get the pieces to start filling in the gaps with a long term stated goal. Holmgren just simply seems to make changes for change sake with terrible contractual arrangements to boot.
Although I'm being harsh on Holmgren, I don't like to be cause I fear almost everything he does may originate from elsewhere, eg. Snider and/or Clarke

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote