View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 11:44 AM
jazzykat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
Yesterday, had an unfortunate accident with another guy from the other team. Was told by the doctors I should sit out indefinitely. There's no structural damage to any ligaments but I have fluid, and I have bad knees to begin with from Running Cross Country in HS. I can't support much weight on my right knee right now.

The accident happened by the end boards. It was after a whistle was blown as our goalie covered the puck. I took my guy out of the play as moved him from near the crease. It Turned out another guy was casuing issues, so my teammate cross-checked him and he fell awkwardly into my knee. I thought it was no big deal, but as I went to stand up I couldn't so I went back down to the ice. Leg went totally numb. so as I was carried to the bench, I kind of went stayed on my knees until the pain subsided. After about 20 minutes I was able to stand up, but for safety reasons I sat on the bench the rest of the game.
I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely, get a second opinion and look into sports physical therapy, braces, and/or *gasp* surgery. After my ankle injury, hockey is one of the few sports I am lucky enough to still be able to play but if someone told me I couldn't play hockey I'd be calling up every doctor in the country looking for an answer and playing goal in a wheel chair!!!