View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
which is a shame because I think these guys are the ones that deserve some patience. MacT isn't going to fire the coach he hand picked (can understand why he would as a new GM fire Kreuger and hire someone who meshed with his ideas of a team, that's something I believe a GM should have is a coach he wants) and Eakins will either get the team to buy into what he's selling or they'll get players who will. Look at how things operated with Tambo in charge, there was no reason for the players to buy in if the team lost they'd just fire the coach. Sends a bad message. I think there is a buy in from the players too, I don't think any of them want to lose, I just think it takes time to break bad habits and change the mentality of a team that is so used to doing what they were doing.
This has been said about almost every coach iteration though. Give Quinn time to fix MacT's mess, give Rennie time to fix Quinns mess, give Krueger time to fix Rennies mess, give Eakins time to fix Kruegers mess.

None of these coaches have achieved any degree of success. With each new 'regime' they better start working faster because 5 or 6 years of not just missing the playoffs but being a lower echelon team out of the race early is not acceptable.