View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 01:56 PM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
I still don't get what the obsession is with Carter and Richards. People act like they left here and Richards has been a 30 goal 75-80 point heart and soul guy like he was 5-6 years ago and that Carter has been a 45 goal scorer. They've both leveled off and Richards is your 50-55 point 2way player while Carter may be someone who scores 30-40 a year depending on if he feels like playing or not. Neither are the reason LA won the cup.

I know Homer was the one that gave those crazy contracts but I for one am not angry that we'll miss out of Richards and his $5.75m per while he's scoring 50-55 points during his prime considering he's signed until he's 36. The way he plays, I can easily see him breaking down and being nothing more than a 3rd liner in his early 30s. Carter is signed until he's 38 for $5.25m per and for a guy like him, when he loses a step, he can easily revert to a 20-25 goal scorer in his early to mid 30s.

The way the media talks here and across the country you would think these two single handedly won the cup and that they left this team with nothing. Let's see what LA looks like in 3-4 years and do the same for the Flyers.
This exactly. Plus other fans seem to ignore Carter's trip to Columbus in between.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote