Thread: Speculation: Trade with Buffalo
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Miller isn't coming here, so let's move on from that.

Other Sabres that they might be interested in moving - Myers, Leino, Stafford, Erhoff, Ott and Moulson (as pending UFA's)? Hmmm. Don't think the Jets would be interested in any of them, maybe Stafford. The rest are either on ridiculous long term deals, or are UFA's. Terrible mix of contracts. They might be in fire sale mode, but who wants Myers, Leino or Erhoff's contract. No chance.

They wouldn't want to move their young pieces just yet, as they are a few years away from making a playoff run. So I can't see them being a trading partner with the Jets.
Erhoff's contract wouldn't be that bad though would it? The Sabres have already paid the bulk, and he has a 4 million dollar hit until he is 38. The actual dollars actually go down starting at 35 too. And I think only the Sabres are on the hook for a penalty if he retires early?

He may not be the physical guy we want on the second pair, but if the Jets could fit 4 million bucks on the roster (could at the deadline), a top 4 of Enstrom and Erhoff on the left, and Buff and Bogo on the right sounds pretty decent.

Not sure what it would take though. A 1st plus a roster player?

http://canucksarmy.com/2013/4/16/for...win-the-norris

We do need more offense, but between Vanek and Erhoff, I would rather us be after Erhoff I think.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote