Thread: News Article: November 1 and playoff seeding
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Dfence033

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm sure someone is going to jump on this and say how terrible the team looked in the preseason, but I assume you mean during the summer, before training camp started, etc

At any rate, I'm not ready to call them a cup contender but I think they'll definitely prove to be a better team than their record indicates. I dont' really see another team in their division outside of Pittsburgh that is better than they are in any tangible way, especially once the team gets healthy.

But cup contender...we'll just have to wait and see how things look at the end of the season but right now they need some more offense
My apologies, yes. I forgot that "pre-season" is dangerously close to "in the pre-season." My meaning was prior to the season starting, as you pointed out.

My main concern is how people can be skeptical about their "contending" status, while openly admitting that the only real threat in the division is Pittsburgh. With the way the playoffs shake out, assuming the Rangers end where they were expected to (2nd place), they wouldn't see Pitt until at least the 3rd round, right? That's 2 other teams to grind the Pens down or have a chance to knock them off. Things broke the Rangers way in 2011 and they failed to capitalize. This season, the path actually appears easier. To me, that makes them a contender for the Cup. I understand that given the tough start people may not want to throw them up there in that conversation again yet, but they are certainly looking more and more the part people thought they would play this year. If that continues, even the most die-hard detractors will have to admit the strong potential.

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote