View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I have no hate for him, but he is what he is, a place holder, and a GM deluding himself into thinking Diaz is a building block is a sure recipe for mediocrity.

He is supposed to be a secondary offensive threat. He is not. The second wave of the PP is just not a threat from the back end.

I think you are exaggerating how many plays he breaks up, and how he re-launches the attack. You will say the exact opposite of that. It's ok that we do not agree.

I think he did a decent job filling in on a very thin pro blueline, but it is time to look down the road. If there are better options, even ones that are projects, I say they should be priorities ahead of Diaz.

I will refrain from being as sarcastic about your opinion, even if you came out swinging. I just do not see him being effective when the pressure ramps up, and his offense does not have up for it.

Depends how you categorize a "building block".

If a building block is a top line, top pair and #1 goalie...no he isn't one of those 6, but if it's top 3 centers, top 4 wingers and top 4 on defense plus #1 goalie...he fits into that. He's a mid lineup guys, not a top of lineup nor a bottom lineup.