View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how when Rinne has a bad game ... say the opener at St Louis or Toronto ... the reaction is he needs to bounce back and play better. When Hutton has a bad game, we need to bench him and sign another player. The screams for benching Hendricks fill every thread no matter what he does in his role, yet there is nothing resembling that outcry over players who we expect much more from who aren't filling their role .... like Bourque, Forsberg, Wilson with no ES goals between the three of them .... luckily there are a few ES assists for them combined. Who the fan favorites and whipping boys are is quite obvious.
I think there's probably a great degree of forgiveness toward Rinne's stinkers, based on all of us seeing how often he is excellent. We saw the same double standard toward Mason last year. Hutton, unfortunately, doesn't have the body of experience to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea what Rinne's stats looked like early in his career, but would be curious to know whether he ever had stretches of poor games early on.

While Hutton did have at least one poor goal last night, I don't know how anyone can continue to believe our defense is "solid," with only offense and goaltending being problems, after the last two games.

As for the skaters...as you well know, it boils down to players that are believed to be "offensive" players get tremendous leeway around here and should be played regardless of how poor their performance.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote