Thread: News Article: November 1 and playoff seeding
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
To be a contender I generally think "they are a favorite to go to the Stanley Cup Finals". Right now I can't say that about this team...I'm not sure yet they have the ability to beat Boston in a 7 game series, and that's getting way ahead of ourselves here and assuming that they'll even make the playoffs/2nd round/conference finals.

That said, I'm not saying that can't end up being that good...it's just really early and we're finally seeing the team getting settled into AV's system and are still waiting for everyone to get healthy. If they get healthy, play great hockey under AV's system, and are a legit top team in the conference, I can start thinking they'll be a contender.

I thought they were a contender in 2012 and they came close to the Finals, but things kind of slipped away the next year and with the changes that went on, we're still waiting to see how things will shake out this year.

I do have to say that if everything goes right (they get Nash back and he's healthy for one), I think AV's system gives them a better chance to go deep and make the finals. The Rangers just didn't play with the puck enough under Torts and I felt like he bought into the idea that they just weren't skilled enough to play the kind of game AV has them playing

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote