View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Spearmint Rhino

vCash: 500
Maybe I'm naive but I don't think it's racism at all

It's undeniable prior to last year there was some baggage with PK - I could care less about the flamboyance and chirping and would much rather the triple-low-five to the copying of the Rags stick wave, it was the fights with teammates and reckless play that concerned me

MT came in and that's disappeared and PK won the Norris and playing great again this year, is that a coincidence?

1st 2 years he was used in all situations cause we had no options, now that we do MT can do what is best for Subban and the team and that's let him mature and develop, most d-men hit their prime late 20s

It's seems like Subban has been around forever but with the shortened season this is basically really only his 3rd year, is there really anything wrong with trying to give a kid like that the right development to reach his full potential?

You can see how the Habs are trying to develop the other kids like Galchenyuk, Gallagher & Eller for success, for a team that drafted great but developed like **** this is a good thing

As for the bridge deal it's basically a club policy, it wash't racism when Price was offered it with an All Star Game + All Rookie Team + Calder Cup MVP under his belt and it won't be racism when MB offers Subban a 6 or 8 year deal worth $6.5MM, it'll be the market value for a RFA (see Pieterangelo, Karlsson & Doughty) and keep him and Price the highest paid players

As for nobody pumping his tires, that's not what PK needs, yes he probably deserves more respect and I believe some of the silence from above is a bargaining tactic but I also don't see him getting ripped when he takes a dumb penalty late like he did earlier this year against Calgary so it goes both ways