Thread: 500 hockey
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2006, 08:03 AM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
You are ever the optimist Fuhr86, but I like it. I too think the Sens will finish second in the division and will finish between 4-8 in the Eastern standings.
They fell back a bit since the Alfie injury but prior to that the Sens were in the top three in GF/GA at even strength (they are now 6th)

The Sens PP is clicking at 16.6% good for 16th in the league. Its been moving up and will break into the top 10 by the second half of the season and I think it can click at 20% so that would be a top 5 PP.

The PK has had its ups and downs this year and its at 81.5 % now. I think we have the talent to have the PK going at 87% and that would put the Sens 6th in the league.

So what are we really missing? Improved special teams play.

Teams that are top five in the league at es play and have a 20%PP and 85-87% PK dont miss the playoffs. Over the course of the entire season, teams that put up those numbers are the better teams in the league.

Special team play picks up and ES play stays the same and we become one of the better teams in the league. I am pretty confident that the special teams play will pick up. Too much talent not too.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote