View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Wow ... bad entertainment. What a travesty. I hope one day you will be able to recover from the shock of being poorly entertained.

No it doesn't. Fans on this site do not represent the average Oil fan. Not even close.

No, nothing .... keep holding on tightly to your "rights".

Or perhaps the posters posting stuff like that are like ten, and they also cry when their mommy makes them eat all their lima beans.

Precisely. It takes more than a hockey team providing bad entertainment to send me into an emo internet rant.

So now you concur that the some of the statements in this thread have been "over the top"?
That's interesting given the content of the rest of your posts on this topic.

And yeah, my hockey enjoyment has been affected by a bunch of noob fans who think they have the "right" to win every other year. My enjoyment has been affected by a bunch of noob fans who spent the last four years cheering for draft picks. My hockey enjoyment has been affected by a bunch of noob fans who actually believed that assembling a bunch of first overall picks was the way to win. I find all of that far more irritating than bad entertainment.
It's not just entertainment when people emotionally invest into this team over a span of many years. Downplaying people saying they can't be mad at the team because it's a mere "entertainment" is insulting to everyone who is a fan. Just because your fandom barely reaches above "entertainment" level doesn't mean everybody else is automatically regulated to such a casual status. Unlike yourself, most fans are very devoted and passionate and the Oilers are a big part of their lives. They are the ones who have every right to be pissed off.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote