View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Nic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
It's not just entertainment when people emotionally invest into this team over a span of many years. Downplaying people saying they can't be mad at the team because it's a mere "entertainment" is insulting to everyone who is a fan. Just because your fandom barely reaches above "entertainment" level doesn't mean everybody else is automatically regulated to such a casual status. Unlike yourself, most fans are very devoted and passionate and the Oilers are a big part of their lives. They are the ones who have every right to be pissed off.
This is true. Also, when you make millions of dollars a year, you shouldn't have "off" days (or seasons, in the Oilers case) or ever lack effort. It's completely inexcusable for the amount of money professional athletes make.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they are human and will make mistakes sometimes and lack effort at certain points, I'm just saying that it is more than fair to hold them to a much higher standard than everybody else who is making far less.

If you're making millions you should have to earn it, end of discussion.

Nic is offline   Reply With Quote