View Single Post
Old
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Rico__Persson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
Fine.

Who exactly is available now to make the goaltending better?
Honestly no one. I think they just play it out. Fans, especially in Ottawa know that anything can happen in the pressure cooker in the spring. We've seen it happen, and everytime it has been a negative effect. Great teams playing poorly.

I kinda feel like maybe this can be the team that comes together, checks their ego at the door and plays harder than the opposition...for the first time ever. I think it's possible but then my mind wanders to the goaltending situation and my bubble bursts. You need absolute perfection in nets to win 16...that's a long shot for Ottawa this year.

Play it out, sort out the mess in the summer and start fresh. I think that's the best bet. You never really know what can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
Where we've been below average is the skaters. Our team is basically as good as the one we had last season. I still maintain that Chara's ES defensive play is the only perceptible loss. Yet, we've allowed more goals and scored less... not surprisingly, these numbers also correspond to more given up and less shots taken by a skating core that hasn't looked anything like the one we had last season (despite the similarities in the names on the back of jerseys).
I totally agree. It isn't science, it's right there when you compare the names.

That's what gives me confidence in the playoffs, especially since this team has picked up a harder working attitude [see NHL hits/shot blocking leaders list].

But....then I wander back to the goaltending situation. I like the team [skaters] but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Rico__Persson* is offline   Reply With Quote