Thread: Latvia: Latvian prospects
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 11:51 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post

The depth of this batch of forwards is amazing, future national team material... More was expected from Bukarts perhaps (Danish Ehlers numbers) and Egle, but for Egle it's his first season in USHL level... Deivids Sarkanis now also has played 2 games with Dinamo Rīga and got an assist in the first, but he has not really showed up offensively in HK Rīga. Kārlis Ozoliņ also spent pre-season prepping with Dinamo, but hasn't been called up yet.

In any case, I'm worried about Ehlers and Bjorkstrand on Danish side but other than that everything below winning the Division 1, if all (or almost all) guys are present I would consider a disappointment
With regards to Ehlers and Bukarts, I still feel the WHL is a stronger league than the QMJHL, more so for a player playing his first year on NA ice, in a league with big defenders and strong goalies and where the style of play mimics the NHL most closely in terms of physicality imo. Adjustment is obviously easier on a stacked team which for example Bjorkstrand played on last year when he was eased into the league and shown the ropes from the veterans. Now he is taking that winning mentality he learned last year and trying to become a leader himself.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote