View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 11:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Probably not much higher than they are now, honestly. I just am tired of Trotz's mind games, taking numbers, over emphasis on defense and trying not to lose. I'm tired of Poile's inability to draft a true elite forward. He went with Pickard when Eberle was sitting right there! And overpaying for Hendricks is just not justified at all.

In hindsight, maybe they should have let some of the kids stay up, Beck and Watson for example, and let them start learning and growing. Building a good core instead of trying to eke out wins with a bunch of 3rd and fourth liners.
Eberle wasn't even the next forward drafted after Pickard and in reality was the FOURTH player taken after Chet. Yes, Chet Pickard is a bust but it's amazing how easy it is to tell which player a team should draft five years after the fact as compared to the day before the draft. As was previously mentioned, the "take numbers" comment is used completely out of context here and ignores how many times the gloves dropped in the game it was uttered after.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote