View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 12:11 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 140
It was Grand Rapids so thought they were a tough match? Goalie definitely made some good saves. Monsters special teams are both good. Always create shots on PP and since they spend half the game on PK it's good for what it is because they can kill off some huge ones. GR scored 3 PP goals in the second, that killed the game. GR got two empty net goals, I don't know why the second one wasn't credited as such. Monsters scored two goals in the last two minutes. It's the penalties that kill Lake Erie and to me it sounds like they give up a ton of rushes trying to be aggressive offensively. It usually doesn't sound like a breakdown or turnover rush the other way but more the other team taking a rebound and going all the way the other way. I know you all will be surprised to hear Hunwick gaffed on one goal, I think the first one. Elliott moves the puck well and shoots all the time, I'm sure this isn't a huge surprise. Someone I really like is Colin Smith. I liked him in training camp so I'm trying not to be biased but his name gets called a lot and he's always making plays. His stats may not be that impressive (two assists tonight though) but he could easily have more goals and assists. It seems like he got more ice time after Hishon went down though I think he stayed on a line with Olver. I know Smith is tiny but boy is he gifted. I hope he can somehow translate that to an NHL game someday. Also seems like Lake Erie plays smarter with a lead and can hold it but tied or especially down its just total fire wagon hockey plus an insane amount of PP and PK time. I think they agitate so much that they get the other teams to take penalties but Lake Erie tries to play too physical sometimes. They got a boarding penalty one minute into the game tonight. I hope that explains it?