View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Agreed on Coburn, he's just more of what we already have but Simmonds, B.Schenn, Couturier or even Hartnell are all players that would be great additions for us and really balance out the forward group. Having balance that would not only diversify the forward group but also create space for the skilled guys would make a world of difference.
I like all these players, but what is a realistic price to pay for guys like this?

Simmonds for example I have always felt gets overrated as a hockey player because of his physical game. He is not particularly great at any other aspect of the game outside of hitting. What I do not think he is some sort of cure for the defensive issues that ail the Oilers.

Not that +/- means that much but he has only been a plus player one year in his career despite playing on teams that have generally had significantly positive goal differentials. In 2011-2012 when he had his big year with the Flyers he was the only player in the top 10 scoring on their team that was a minus. And this was not because he got particularly difficult assignments.

Trading Yakupov for players like these is a huge risk. It also does not work out capwise. So who do you trade that Philly may want?