View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 10:47 AM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
If the Flames outpoint the Oilers this season... Eakins, MacT and Lowe should not only be fired but jettisoned into space as well.

Flames are in full-on rebuild mode... Oilers are "supposed" to be coming out of their rebuild and challenging for a playoff spot. No way the Flames should finish ahead of them regardless of injuries, slumps or any other act of God.
I think the flames are overachieving too but if they finished say 7th and we finished 8th, I wouldn't be worried about it much.

You can't expect a team to overachieve, I think the Oilers peak for realistic overachievement is a playoff spot, about the same as Calgary. The Oilers will catch up to them this year, I would say by the new year we will have passed them provided we do not go through another significant injury situation while they remain healthy.

The Flames have cooled and if they go into a funk like the Oilers are in, they will struggle just like the Oilers to get out of it because of a general lack of experience. It's possible the flames never win another game all season at this point.

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote