View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 12:00 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I am not on the Roland Mckeown over Ekblad boat. Ekblad is exactly what the Flyers want/need, a big smooth skating 6'4 right handed dman who has the potential to be a #1 stud in this league for years to come. His potential I think is much higher than McKeown
McKeown isn't better than Ekblad, but I don't think his upside is as great as you may think. This kid obviously matured faster than most of the kids in his age group. I just don't see a ton of projection left. Don't get me wrong, he's still a solid prospect and I like him more than Reinhart, but he's a good step behind Seth Jones IMO. Not crazy about his skating. It's not bad, but again it's a good step behind Jones. Bob McKenzie said scouts were saying before the year that they weren't sure if he was a #1D kind of guy and maybe more of a #2.

My early season man crush is Julius Honka. Saw a thread in the preseason and I have had my eye on him since. He hasn't disappointed. Typical Finn. Small, but smart and skilled. Can't wait to get an extended look at the WJCs.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote