View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 01:17 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
When has this group had success?

The team is quite different from the group that went to the second round in 2012 and there are just a few guys left from the team that played in the Final in 2010.

Management bet on the wrong horses. The players should take the blame for what is happening on the ice but, the truth is, most of the players aren't as talented as everyone thought they were.
The team really isn't that different from 2012. Notable players who have since departed are: JVR (who only played 40ish games), Jagr, Carle, Briere, Bryz, Bob (but goaltending hasn't really been an issue). So the only players who had a legit impact that year who are no longer with the team are Briere, Jagr and Carle.

Some of the holes left have since been filled by Vinny and Streit who are both playing pretty damn well overall. I don't know but I really can't see how the few significant personnel changes are making this much of an impact. I think the vast majority of the fault now is on the players who have preformed in the past but simply aren't right now, in particular the veterans (Giroux, Hartnell, Kimmo etc).

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote