View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I can argue what you mean by "in a row" and "moves" because of the offseason signings and the Giroux extension as well but regardless, I feel strongly that Holmgren has brought in the pieces to win...they just haven't meshed together for whatever reason.
If they haven't meshed, are they really the right pieces? That' a GM's job, to build a functional team. Anybody can trade to try and maximize the net amount of talent on the team, the pieces need to work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Homer is a much better GM than many on here realize! He has the balls to go with his instincts whether others like it or not. He is not perfect, and gets burned like every other GM will at times, but i admire his overall body of work and the way he represents the Philadelphia Flyers organization. Its so easy to criticize those who are in the arena from a vantage point of being someone who has no idea what its like to be in the arena and whom is not accountable for anything substantial involving the team ? Go Flyers !
Having the balls to go with your instincts isn't that big an asset when your instincts are ****ed half the time. And disregarding outside opinion, again isn't that awesome when you probably could use someone in your ear saying things like "No, you ******. Schenn is not a top pairing defenseman, don't trade JVR for him" or "Don't pay Bryz 50 million, we already have a better goalie on the roster that you don't want to end up trading away from a 2nd rounder".....

Holmgren sucks.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote