View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Hopefully those fights will get the team going. I personally don't mind what Emery did to Holtby either. The goalie was hitting his stick across the goal posts like Hextall a few times that night (I don't know if that was his norm?) and he deserved to get his face beat in. If you want to act tough you got to back it up.
He wasn't hitting his stick against the posts "like Hextall" to act tough (most goalies I know do this occaisonally btw). When you're wearing a mask your peripheral vision is blocked a lot. So as you're in the crease looking at the play in front of you, if you don't want to take your eyes off the action, a lot of times you'll just tap the pipes with your stick to feel them, and make sure your net is where you think it is before you skate forward to start playing your angles. If you don't do this and you lose your net, you can get scored on while you're way out of position. Which sucks of course. Some guys just do it so much it becomes a tic/ritual. It's certainly not a Hextall specific behavior.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote