Thread: Speculation: Voracek
View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

vCash: 500
You said you feel he could be a 70 point player. What are you basing it on is my question? One strike shortened year or his previous years in the league. I would tend to go with the averages as opposed to an anamoly in his production. And if we are comparing him to Erat, did he ever score 70 in a year and if he did, how many times was it, maybe once?

Voracek is a good player. Not going to debate that. What does this team ultimately need? Does it need a top 6 forward who is good or does it need a top 3 forward that is a game changer? We need elite or great proven talent. Voracek has proven to be a good player but he is not in the next tier of players we should be targeting. We need guys who will make the players around them better, much like Kariya did for Legwand and Erat. While Kariya wasn't the elite player he once was when he got here he was still a great player and helped Erat and Legwand reach levels in their play they had never seen and haven't seen since.

So my question is does Voracek make those around him better or is he more of a guy who benefits from playing with better players around him?

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote