View Single Post
11-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Error 503 Service
vCash: 883
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
How do you think he's looked so far this year?
I'm sure he's been great but my comment is more based on what I feel is likely to translate to the next level. To me, at his size and how he seems to utilize that offensive skill set, RW seems like a more likely route to make the NHL for the Habs. Granted this is mostly based on last season but his position can be pretty bad too.

Maybe it's just the games I saw but he's not quick at getting his shot off on the point nor is it that dangerously heavy/accurate. This gives me doubt of him being a PP presence on the point. Puck moving can be really good and he seems to love to carry the puck. However, I don't think he does either at a high enough level that he'd be doing it well at the Pro level. Fighting skill is undeniable. I don't he'll have any issue being an upper end middle weight in the next level.

I hope I'm wrong as he'd obviously be more valuable as a D if he manages to translate his game to the pro level. However, my amateur scouting opinion would be that the likelihood of him being a NHLer would be much higher if he moved to RW full time. Instead of going through that swap after he reaches the AHL, I think it might accelerate his development if he started it in junior first. I would love to hear more opinions on this though. Though people soured on him last season as a prospect, what I feel makes him unique that a Bozon struggling is that he might be able to have a solid career as a winger.