View Single Post
Old
11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
Slow down. Has he REALLY displayed that many flashes of skill this year? I know we all want to like the kid, and I do (based on his rookie year), but he's been underwhelming. Not a single play from this year jumps to my mind and makes me go "whoa, serious skill." Cool, he's pretty responsible defensively. That's great. He also loses board battles, fumbles the puck away, makes errant passes, and isn't a plus skater. I get that he's still 20 and bigger players can take longer to put it all together, but let's not act like he's flashing crazy talent on the regular.
He's not flashing offensive talent on a regular basis. Ok? His proficiency without the puck and players like him are invaluable to successful teams. If you mistake the ability he has to read plays and shutdown other players as being outside of the realm of visible talent then I don't know what to tell you. He's easily the best defensive forward on the team. If that isn't showing something as a 20 year old, then I'm not sure what is.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote