View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
gallagt01

vCash: 500
Bringing this back up to discuss his play to date.

In a thread on the NHL forum, a poster (not sure of his team affiliation) had some pretty harsh words concerning Ristolainen's play thus far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishdul View Post
It's amazing that they say what was happening to Ristolainen and not only kept him in the lineup for reasons that boggle the mind but are now throwing Zadorov into the fire as well. Ristolainen is so helplessly outmatched it's hard to watch and they're burning a year of his ELC and jeopardizing a development of arguably their most important prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishdul View Post
I'm talking about Rasmus Ristolainen, who in short evaluation has looked like the single worst non-enforcer playing right now and has looked absolutely lost every time I've seen him. On a team that might be one of the worst teams of all time he sticks out as particularly worrisome.
I feel like these criticisms had little merit as Rasmus has fit in on the Sabres' backend. He's by no means playing great but overall, I think he's done quite well. The physical game is there. His own-zone plays needs some cleaning up but that's to be expected with a player so young.

Thoughts?