View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 04:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't think the hit on Josi was dirty, though I do hate Carcillo. Glad to see Clune stick up for his teammates regardless.

Forsberg didn't get much ice time, but one of his shifts really stuck out to me. He worked hard when he got the chance. I think he should be seeing some more time out there, especially with Fisher possibly out for more than just tonight.

Carcillo stuck his knee out. Too risky not to get called by the refs and called out for by Clune.

If it's the same shift I'm thinking of, Forsberg did a beautiful job stick handling but what did he leave himself after all of the spins and dekes? No passing lane to capitalize upon and no quality shooting lane. A ton of talent used to skate in circles along the boards that produced nothing. Compare that to Hornqvist who used puck movement to create lanes the team could capitalize upon ... the same for Legwand and Jones .... skate the puck as needed to create a passing or shooting lane for a quality scoring chance. I'm not sure if it's Forsberg's lack of time on the smaller ice that has him misreading angles and lanes but right now all of his talent is not producing results. One goal 5on3, a couple of secondary assists 5on4, no points and not even on the ice for an even strength goal for, -8.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote