View Single Post
11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
vCash: 557
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I didn't say he was the issue. The issue is the team's system. He doesn't fit it, and molding him into it will as I said earlier not allow him to fully use his skill. Yes he needs to learn a little more defensive skills, but I do not understand why this team can't have 10 or 11 defensive minded forwards and 1 or 2 offensive minded forwards.

I will go ahead an predict that he WILL NEVER be "Great" while playing here, he will be just average thanks to the system.
Can you explain what defensive responsibilities are restricting him in this system? I'll save you the trouble, they're aren't many for a winger. You can make that statement on a center in Trotz's system but not the wingers, that I can see.

Radulov did hit the doghouse at first because he had issues with chasing the play in the defensive zone, which allowed teams to easily cycle the puck with no winger covering the point. Every team would have an issue with this.

Wilson's early issues with Trotz were trying to hang on to the puck too long in the neutral zone and turning it over. Every team would have an issue with this

So what are Forsbergs issues defensively that wouldn't be there in another system?

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote