View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Nic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Hall is a major part of the attitude of entitlement as losing on this team. J Schultz is absolute garbage and has done nothing to suggest he's an NHL player. I agree about Perron, RNH and Gordon. I would take Yakupov over Eberle because he spends time in the gym, not the rack.

Boston had the balls to trade Seguin when they decided he was a problem. Edmonton doesn't. It's time to realize who the players are that are creating this negative, selfish, entitled culture and time to stop blaming Ryan Smyth and Dallas Eakins
You can't even begin to compare Boston's situation to Edmontons right now. Boston was a very good team at the time, but they were getting much bigger contributions from other players. They also got a very good return on paper, Loui Eriksson's stats were very good. Obviously he hasn't been playing that well for Boston so far, but on paper Boston wasn't exactly dumping Seguin for futures or anything like that.

Edmonton is a desperate, terrible team and I am fairly certain other GMs are circling over like vultures to steal away a Eberle or Yakupov.

Don't get me wrong, the Oilers should make some big trades if they can improve the club, all I'm saying is that this situation is not even remotely comparable to Boston's, completely different team and situation.