View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 10:39 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Is there not a decent chance Perlini falls into the early second? I know it is early on in the year, but I have seen him listed in the bottom 10 in the mock draft regularly, and one or two in the 31-40 range.

A good d man early and one of the good wingers who will possibly fall into the 2nd with the 2nd I think could be plausible... if not Perlini someone else.
I don't get why some scouts are so down on Perlini. He's really improved his game, has a fantastic work ethic, great hands and plays a smart and sound game. He's physical and he's not afraid to work the corners. The only perceived "issue" he has is skating, but that's only because he isn't a burner. He's not slow, but he's certainly not as bad as what some are making him out to be. If I had to compare his skating style to anyone, James Neal really seems to fit the bill.

I like Perlini and I really think he's one of those guys who continues to climb as the season progresses. He might not be a "top 10" guy right now, but neither was a guy like Sam Morin to start the season last year. Another good example is Claude Giroux. His draft year, he wasn't expected to go until the 6th and he made a meteoric rise to the bottom third of the first. You just never know how a player progresses. Right now, Perlini is on the rise and it won't surprise me at all if he becomes the top rated forward in the OHL when the 2014 draft rolls around.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote