View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't get why some scouts are so down on Perlini. He's really improved his game, has a fantastic work ethic, great hands and plays a smart and sound game. He's physical and he's not afraid to work the corners. The only perceived "issue" he has is skating, but that's only because he isn't a burner. He's not slow, but he's certainly not as bad as what some are making him out to be. If I had to compare his skating style to anyone, James Neal really seems to fit the bill.

I like Perlini and I really think he's one of those guys who continues to climb as the season progresses. He might not be a "top 10" guy right now, but neither was a guy like Sam Morin to start the season last year. Another good example is Claude Giroux. His draft year, he wasn't expected to go until the 6th and he made a meteoric rise to the bottom third of the first. You just never know how a player progresses. Right now, Perlini is on the rise and it won't surprise me at all if he becomes the top rated forward in the OHL when the 2014 draft rolls around.
I followed him and his brothers careers due to their English links... I have not seen that much of his this year but from what I have and his late 1st early 2nd rating I was under the impression the first round of this draft was pretty deep if he was going in that range until I read more about the draft in the last few weeks! He does look pretty good.

Maybe the amount of good wingers means people overlook him and slot in D and C's who are not as good just as they are in the same kind/higher rank as him for their positions... but those positions are weaker.

Like from what I have read the 15th winger taken in this draft could probably be better than the 5th centre or 5th d man!

I saw one mock with 19 of the top 29 (haha NJ) being wingers.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote