View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 11:19 AM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
It is not about been proud of croatian heritage. It is about that Phil (when it was obvious that he won't play single NHL game anymore) refused Medvescak over two-way contract AHL/ECHL. Had he signed with us during EBEL time, maybe he would have prove himself as KHL worthy, at least for bottom pairings. Like Martinovic did, who was 7th defender in DEL prior to siging with us in EBEL and now in KHL he is playing over 20 minutes per night and is +5, which is best on the team.

Only KHL material with croatian descent, that are financialy reachable to Medvescak, left so far in NA are Drazenovic and Miskovic. MAYBE Mark Fistric...that would be dream coming true, but I think it is long shot.
I didn't even know Drazenovic was Croatian I always assumed he was Serbian. Would be cool to see Bo Horvat in Zagreb for even one season since next year I feel he would be at the point of being too good for junior but not good enough for the NHL. However this would just be a fantasy and extremely unlikely. You may be right the only other player could be Geoff Paukovich? But I'm not sure of his ethnicity.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=9213&lang=en

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote