View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He should have definitely let up. I don't blame him for going down to see what was up initially but should have gave it up when Holtby declined. The ref should have honestly just grabbed Emery instead of just standing there like an idiot too.

Was it embarrassing? Maybe so. Was it the worst thing that ever happened in hockey? No. Even in the last ten years? Still a no.

I would have been pissed if the shoe was on the other foot but I just don't like to see our guys lose in general.
Nobody is saying it's the worst thing to have happened or anything even similar to that. I already said no real damage came of it.

It's still morally wrong, illegal (in the NHL or otherwise), embarrassing, and speaks to the personalities of those defending it as entertaining.

People criticize the NHL for hypocrisy and punishing for result instead of intent, but the fans are doing the same thing here. People are defending it as entertaining and/or harmless but if one of the people defending it were jumped they wouldn't be happy about it or defending it and if Holtby had actually been seriously hurt from all the punches to the back of the head or his fall down or something Emery would be universally criticized.

Beyond that, probably half the Flyers fans defending Emery here would be pissed if it were Emery being jumped and we were up 7-0. It's hypocritical and sad really.