View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
If this is true, I really don't understand why the Oilers haven't just thrown a big stack of cash at a Dave Tippett or Ken Hitchcock type of coach. Not them specifically since I don't know their contract status, I'm just making the point that if a coach can have as much an impact as seemingly most of us would attribute to Eakins, why not spend what you need to spend to land an experienced, elite coach?

Hell, maybe even Tortorella was the right guy. People dump on him all day for being a dick, but he has better results than many other coaches at the NHL level.
You don't think the reason they keep hiring rookie coaches is because established coaches don't want anything to do with this sad sack organization? Pat Quinn was a terrible hire because he was way past his best before date but they still treated him terribly by hiring Renney as an associate coach and then promoting him after they canned him. Then they did the same thing to Renney with Krueger. Nobody worth his salt is going to walk into the black hole they've created for themselves here.

I'm not a Mactavish fan by any means. I was angry when they brought him back into the organization and pretty much gave up on the Oilers when they named him GM but he is the best coach this organization has any hopes of putting behind the bench until the entire old boys club is flushed out.