View Single Post
11-03-2013, 12:27 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Nobody is saying it's the worst thing to have happened or anything even similar to that. I already said no real damage came of it.

It's still morally wrong, illegal (in the NHL or otherwise), embarrassing, and speaks to the personalities of those defending it as entertaining.

People criticize the NHL for hypocrisy and punishing for result instead of intent, but the fans are doing the same thing here. People are defending it as entertaining and/or harmless but if one of the people defending it were jumped they wouldn't be happy about it or defending it and if Holtby had actually been seriously hurt from all the punches to the back of the head or his fall down or something Emery would be universally criticized.

Beyond that, probably half the Flyers fans defending Emery here would be pissed if it were Emery being jumped and we were up 7-0. It's hypocritical and sad really.
I wasn't talking about anyone in this thread. I was going back to my original post about fans being way too sensitive now a days but to be fair the the "worst thing ever" happens every night on the main boards when someone does anything questionable.

I guess the more I think of it I don't really like it but take Emery out of the equation & I still like their response. I much rather be the team up by 7 but it's nice to see them not taking it while laying down.