View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 12:37 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I disagree with your points.

Please point to the statistical metrics that say we're unlikely to finish in the dirt. Goal differential, PP, PK, Save %, the statistics that have a hand in winning games, are not positive for us. Furthermore, the most important metric, what my eyes are telling me, runs contrary to "unlikely to finish bottom 3".

We don't need to draft 1st OV. Sam Reinhart is the prize in Buffalo, and at the end of the year I can see Sam Bennett making a case for himself to the Floridas or whoevers. Nobody drafts a defensemen 1st overall unless they've been constructed stupidly. Enter Oilers.

Ekblad is our best chance at a top pairing defensemen in the next 3 years. I'll wait.
pretty simple really.... we have had some of the worst goaltending the league has seen in the past 20 years for most of this season.... we have a plethora of injuries, almost a comical amount for this early in the season.... almost every single one of our players are on pace for a career worst PPG.... we have a PP with a shooting% of 6.7%, which is 1.9% LESS than our ES shooting% (wow eh?), and this is on a team with a lot of PP weapons, and who had a lot of PP success last year.... our ES PDO is 97.3% right now... these are all statistics that are very, very unlikely to continue

additionally, we have played the majority of our games on the road.... we have a rookie head coach who is clearly barely keeping his head above water right now, but will likely improve somewhat (like maybe he will start line matching, lol)

we are a bad team, yes, no doubt about it.... but we aren't as bad as our current record is.... i'm not a fan of our team, and don't think we any better than a 20th overall team.... but i'd be willing to bet pretty much anything that we won't have a 15 game stretch for the rest of the year that is anywhere close to as bad as the last 15 games have been