View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 12:48 PM
reffree

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Crisp = Overager who has been in the OHL since 2010 (though he missed a season to injury, he still has over 100 games in the league).

McCarron = Spent the last year playing against weak competition in the USHL that physically couldn't keep up with him. Was until this point on the slower, NCAA development track.

I'm feeling hell of a lot better about the Crisp pick than I was, and he's certainly keeping his possibility of being an NHL-quality grinder alive. But what he's doing really is unexceptional, and this is exactly why context is important. He still won't make the NHL if he skates like this.

I really don't know what people expected from McCarron. I heard the same things here about Tinordi in his first OHL season, and though the situation isn't entirely the same, we knew McCarron was a project, when you draft a 6'5" scorer that late in the draft, you need to know what you are getting.
And he still only had 10 pts in 19 USHL games to show for it ... I'm sure being 11th on the fowards scoring race with London is below expectation, but expectation should not have been higher than a 45-50 pts season at best imho.