Thread: What I see
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Which English coach was better than Therrien, Hartley or Patrick Roy ? They were the top 3 candidate for the job and were all bilingual ? Name one unilingle english speaking coach that is clearly better than these 3.

I don't think the difference between winning the Stanley cup or not is having a unilingle english speaking coach.
I wanted Hartley over Therrien...but I'm not sure he was ever a realistic option, as the Flames might have already recruited him.

Roy allegedly wanted GM influence and Bergevin wasn't going to give up his new powers immediately. That and Bergevin has been extremely conservative so far and he wasn't going to go for such a high risk, high reward move. Roy was a wild card and I'm absolutely shocked at how good of a job he's doing, as his Q record never impressed me. It's still early, but right now I'd take him over Therrien, and yes, plenty of those English-only speaking coaches.

Therrien....well, there's a lot of English, French, Russian, and who knows what else speaking coaches that I'd rate higher than him. So yes, opening the door to unilingual coaches, even if Francophones are given a priority, might have given us a different coach.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote