View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 02:35 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan. Add in the other grinders who may lack or not excel in one avenue of the game, yeah, it is.

Come playoff time, I'm not seeing a Schenn being a sparkplug for our PP. Someone like Yakupov, though..
Dubinsky and Anisimov are no longer on the team, so I don't get the "more of the same" argument. Come playoff time, I would predict a player in that mold to have a much larger overall impact than a one-dimensional offensive player. At least the type of one dimensional player that actually could be had.

Yakupov, of course would be a different story. Would obviously prefer him to Schenn. Don't see the Oilers taking MDZ as the main piece in a Yak deal though. Also have my questions with him but his talent is undeniable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Getting a highly touted 22 y/o who can score, create, hit, agitate and play both ends of the ice is "more of the same ol'"? I must be on the wrong board.
Agreed. On a semi-related note I don't get how those characteristics are solely limited to "Torts players". Every team in the league needs skill players who can also bring grit to excel in the grind of the playoffs.