View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 02:46 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
1. This Team is not very talented. They have a few young talented high ceiling players that are still learning the game but are far from becoming reliable entities night in and night out.

2. Not only does is the team lacking talent, but there is not enough diversity in style of play among that talent. No 2 way players.

This was my first post. And really i think most will agree. The high potential guys are not at the point where they can be depended on night in and night out.

1. Right now our top 6 can only play at one end of the ice.
2. Their is a lack of diversity of talent in our top 6 and no physicality.
3. No net prescence.
4. No one can play without the puck.

Its the equivalent of having a basketball team with 5 pg's
I don't think it's the best way to describe this team's problem. How many "talented" players do teams like Pittsburgh or San Jose have by your definition? Probably not substantially more than 5-6 guys.
They have better core (age and lack of experience might have something to do with it) and they are much more balanced in the way they are built.

To be truly successful, one needs to have a solid, if not elite goal-tending; one, better yet 2 d-men who can play 25+ mins in all situations and against any competition (Keith, Pronger, Weber, Chara etc); 2 strong centermen--at least one of which should be able to rack up points, while the other should be able to play tough competition competition (group 1) Crosby, Sedin, Thornton group 2) Richards, Kesler; Couture); two top 6 wingers who really put the puck in the net--one or both of which need to be good two way players (Hossa, Neal, Marleau); good 3C (Gordon).

The balanced core would look something like this:

M.Smith
Weber-X
X-X
X-X

Hall-RNH-X
X-Kesler-Eberle/Yakupov
X-Gordon-X

Basically, the missing pieces are a good goal-tender, 1D and 2C. Ideally, one needs to inject some size on the wings.