View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Name me one of those coach that were available at that time with a better resume than Therrien and clearly a better option than him.
I always love when posters ask other posters to name available people as if we're privy to knowing who was.
It isn't uncommon to see assistant coaches of other teams become head coaches, or go for interviews. So maybe we could have ventured through that route.

Let's stop pretending like Therrien was this good option. He should have been a ''no option''.

But one guy that comes to mind was Larry Robinson. I know he's an assistant, but I would have made it my personal mission to convince him to take a head coaching job.
If there really was nothing possible, then I'd asked him to do it on an interim basis. He would be coming in after we finished last in the conference, with bad contracts tied us to the cap, in a rebuilding phase, so expectations were as low as possible.
He could come in for a year as an interim guy, it gives us time to properly look for a coach, with likely more candidates being available (a guy like Vigneault would have then been available).
If after a year, Larry wants to step down, or move down to a defensive coach, then it could have been arranged, or he could maybe have liked to keep the position.

I'm actually quite upset Robinson wasn't approached.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote