View Single Post
Old
01-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Cyclops II*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindA17
My oh my, I believe it's my turn...

After getting BLASTED for saying Williams was an overrated 3rd-liner who should and WILL be traded, it looks as if I was bang on! The arguments go way back, with just about the whole Flyers HF board against me. I even received PM's regarding the subject, most asking how/why I saw Williams this way. Everyone said Williams had all of this talent, and how I was BLIND not to see it. My credibility was questioned and I was bashed like mad. Apparently, I'm not so blind, as Clarke finally saw what I saw 3 years ago....a 3rd liner. My hopes were that Williams would be dealt before everyone figured it out, and it looks like my wish came true . Look who's laughing now?

Look no further than an article on my website, http://FlyersGames.com, for my prediction of Justin Williams under "New season, familiar results?.
It states:
"Justin Williams - Many are sticking to their guns by saying Justin will develop into a top-6 forward. I disagree, and believe this gun has just about run out of rounds. He was offered a one-year qualifying offer by the Flyers, which I believe hints that the Flyers expect more from him. Look for Williams to be wearing another team's sweater by March."

Blast away.

That is complete garbage. Williams showed he was 1st line calibre in his first year. As I expected the Flyers talented forwards like Gagne and Williams were screwed once Hitchcock was hired. Williams is a 70-80 point forward on a good team and a decent coach. Unfortunately Carolina is not a good team so he may not reach those marks.