View Single Post
Old
11-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I think it comes down to us not being able to get a guy who is both a big body and can score. The fact that we were able to get a top 6 for MSP is a win right there, Perron plays bigger than anyone in that group I think.
I get your point, however until we start moving some of these smaller skilled guys to fill needs it is going to leave our team imbalanced and quite frankly not very good. Let me ask you this, if we decided to move Perron right now, would he fetch us more than Paajarvi and a 2nd would've at the end of last season? Could we see Perron getting dealt in a short time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ive been happy with Perron. But the fact is he is another small/skilled winger, something that we do not need any more of here. We could have used Paajarvi or a package that included Paajarvi to fill a need. Like a goaltender, dman or center. Lots of choices. Small winger shouldnt have been one of them, regardless of how much we like Perron and how he has played. The team has won three games in their first fifteen. Chances are we may have more wins with an upgrade at goalie, defense, or center.
I agree and even though he is grittier than most of our other top 6 guys we could really use a few trades with us moving small skill for bigger guys that can play and hopefully stand up for their teammates.