View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
Change coach every year.

Get rid of our better older players/give the reigns to younger players.

Have a hard time drawing better older players.

Concentrate on scoring rather then keeping the puck out of their net.

Mix and match the above and you have the current Oilers.
There's another couple of things that I dont see mentioned very often on here. Not drafting well to begin with and the drafting of European players.

Now, before people rip on me for going Don Cherry, that's not what Im doing. I think it needs to be pointed out that the role type players they've drafted are leaving left and right to return to Europe due to not getting their chance or whatever reason. So now we're looking at one player drafts. That's not going to cut it these days. Then after getting burned, what do they do again this year in the draft? Draft more Europeans in the higher rounds. It's just not good policy anymore. Not with the other options Europeans are given nowadays. The Oilers draft Europeans in the second round, they get all butt hurt cause they're not playing in the NHL after a year and go home. Detroit drafts guys like Marchenko in the 7th round, he ends up working to get over here and he's well on his way to playing in the league. It's a mentality thing Im telling you. It's now led to zero organizational depth really, which is putting this team further behind the 8 ball.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote