View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 12:33 AM
GoneFullHextall
NOT MY PRESIDENT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not at the time. I still think he can develop into a top shut down dman (hell, he was arguably our best last season). But you don't get young defenseman with high potential in free agency or by trading peanuts unless you get really lucky. The Flyers needed a high ceiling young defender and that's what they got. Whether he reaches that high ceiling is yet to be seen, but I'm certainly not throwing in the towel on a 24 year old kid, who hasn't played nearly as bad as HFBoards wants you to think.
I think tho we are nearing that point in Luke's career in where we will have to accept who he is. He certainly has had his flashes where he has been really good but then we have seen his game go the other way. I think he can be a good NHL defenseman. I just think at times he tries to do too much and thats what gets him into trouble.
Is he a bust? no I dont think he is but I also dont think hes the defenseman that he was hyped to be.
When he was drafted Leaf fans wanted to believe the hype. remember when Pierre Mcguire just about creamed his pants when the Leafs drafted him. ERASER!!!!!!!!!

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote