View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Overly harsh. It's now irrelevant how/why Rick Campbell was originally hired as an assistant coach by the Eskimos because the guy has paid his dues and has been part of several winning teams. Besides, mellowed-out RC might be nice change of pace from overly emotional Coach Kavis- especially when it comes to eliminating the sideline chaos of the Reed era.

No matter who the Esks hire as their next head coach, they absolutely must do a thorough and proper candidate search this time.
I don't care why we hired him in the first place, but I do care about his performance in that capacity, and from what I remember it wasn't anything special, which is why he was cut loose.

This team is in no position to hire an unremarkable co-ordinator from another team. Not while LaPolice is available, a coach who took Winnipeg to the Grey Cup two years ago. If it's going to be a co-ordinator, Chris Jones is a much more accomplished candidate, even Dave Dickenson for what he's done with all those QBs in Calgary. (although I don't typically like ex-QBs as coaches) Rick Campbell would be nothing more than a favour to his father.

I wonder if Chris Morris will get any interest? I'd love to have a former O-lineman calling the plays, he would know the value of a run-first offense.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote