Old
11-04-2013, 04:47 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
What make's Luke ceiling so high? He's not a good skater, he has well below average puck skills, he's maxed out physically, and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. I just think some people are holding on to false hope at this point. I'm not saying the guy isn't an NHL defenseman, but reading some of the comments I can do nothing but shake my head. His draft position is irrelevant at this point of his career.
I'm talking about at the time of the trade. People are saying the JvR trade was a bad one blah blah blah Homer is stupid. At the time however, Luke was 21 or 22 IIRC, and still had that high potential. Given the passage of time I suppose his may not be as high, but I don't know if it is as low as many of people are saying. He is 24. Most defenders don't hit their stride until 26-27. He's got time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I think tho we are nearing that point in Luke's career in where we will have to accept who he is. He certainly has had his flashes where he has been really good but then we have seen his game go the other way. I think he can be a good NHL defenseman. I just think at times he tries to do too much and thats what gets him into trouble.
Is he a bust? no I dont think he is but I also dont think hes the defenseman that he was hyped to be.
When he was drafted Leaf fans wanted to believe the hype. remember when Pierre Mcguire just about creamed his pants when the Leafs drafted him. ERASER!!!!!!!!!
A 24 year old he is who he is? Come on. The guy has a couple years before he's at that point. Is he going to be a Norris trophy guy? No, I think we all know that. Can he still be a top pair guy? I don't see why not.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote