View Single Post
Old
11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
RockLobster
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
I'm going to keep this a bit short because of a couple of reasons:

A) The majority of Wichita Thunder (Central Hockey League team) fans are obnoxious, annoying, and don't know anything about hockey

and

B) There were only 2 or 3 Avs/Monsters players playing last night.

I took in the Wichita Thunder vs. Denver Cutthroats hockey game last night. Denver won by a final score of 3-2.

Kent Patterson was the starting goaltender and Michael Schumacher played on what I believe was the 1st line, because he seemed to get a lot of ice time.

Patterson didn't have to make a lot of hard saves, the 2 goals he let in I blame more on his lack of defensive help than anything he did wrong. The first goal was on the PP, the Thunder scored within 15 seconds. Somehow a man was left alone pretty much right on the doorstep and he was able to get it flipped up over Patterson's shoulder. That tied the game at 1-1.

The second goal came at ES and this was just a poor, poor defensive zone breakdown that led to one of the best Thunder goal scores being left all-alone on Patterson's left side, he was not super in tight on him, but close enough that he had plenty of time to pick his spot, he shot and Patterson got some of it but it fluttered through. That one I'd say that Kent would want to have back, but the lack of Defensive help was atrocious (the man seriously had about 3-5 seconds to sit there and decide where to shoot).

In the 3rd period the Cutthroats scored 2 quick goals, with Lee Moffie (who I think is on an AHL contract right?) being credited with the GWG.

Schumacher looked alright in my opinion, didn't get on the scoresheet, but didn't make any glaring, horrible mistakes either. He could be better in the Defensive zone, but he isn't god-awful. He's definitely a big guy with a bit of a labored skating stride it looks like. He has some good hands, nearly got a goal but the pass was in his skates and he was able to dig it out while being hounded by a Thunder defenseman, but when he got it out he was in a bad-angle area so he shot it on net looking for a rebound.

Schumacher is young enough that I'd like to see him get a bit of a look in the Avs prospect pool, I think he can get to the AHL, and then maybe even one day crack an NHL squad as a Bottom-6 player, but to do so he'll have to be more willing to use his frame and be a bit better defensively.

There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk, which is water that is lying about being milk.